Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Paintings from Galway Downs Horse Trials

Back in the ’80’s and ’90’s, I photographed just about every top three day event on the east coast: Radnor and Fair Hill, Chesterland and Essex, Groton House and Millbrook. I split my time evenly between eventing and dressage. But over the past decade since I moved to San Diego, aside from the occasional foray to Rolex in Lexington, KY, I’ve pretty much concentrated on dressage.

Well, it sure was fun to go up to Galway Downs and see horses run and jump cross country again! It was a bright sunny day in Temecula, about 70 degrees, just perfect conditions for galloping over big fences. I wandered out to the two water jumps, because I’m working on a series of paintings for which I needed fresh photo reference. I brought a new camera body that I was test-driving, and my watercolors. Continue Reading and see more paintings!

No comments: